Mom is set up for a very long day. There's no therapy on Sundays, and she's not sure if there is a service in the chapel this morning. She is going to read Dad some scripture this morning, and then walk the halls to see if there is any service they can attend. She says it's Sunday and they need to be worshipping. No matter what is happening in their life, they will always be praising God. How lucky I am to have such Godly parents. I don't want to think about what we would be facing if we didn't have God to carry us through this. There truly would be no hope.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Another Sunday morning, and I don't want to think about going to church when my family is not there. We are trying to reach some kind of normalcy, trying to work around not having our preacher and organist present. It is hard to walk into that church for me right now; they've been there for almost 39 years. They should be there today. Instead, Dad is up and dressed and sitting in a chair at Frazier, waiting on Mom to get dressed to they can go "somewhere". He's not sure where they're going, but he told me this morning I need to call before I come, because they might not be there. He says they may be leaving because the program is not what he thought it would be. He says that last year there were hundreds of people there, but this year it seems to be more one on one. He says he is not really happy with the program, and they will have to wait and see what happens. I believe he thinks he is at a conference they attended a few years ago. I also noticed a big change in his voice this morning. It is much higher and weaker than it was yesterday. He attributes his voice change to allergens. I hope he's right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Renee,
ReplyDeleteSaturday when Don and I were visiting your dad, your mom remarked about Freeman's voice. It didn't sound as strong as it usually did. I know the unknown that lies ahead is weighing heavy on Jeanette's mind as well as the minds of you kids. She looked tired when we were up there. Just staying there night and day is enough to wear a person out without all the other worries. You guys hang in there and we are keeping all of you in our prayers. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Bud