Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dad seems to be in better spirits this morning. I never thought I'd be saying "Praise the Lord for confusion", but I am TRULY THANKFUL for its return. Kristie and Rich fixed such a wonderful dinner last night, and Mom's twin brother Jack and his wife Ruthie ate with us. I left Kristie's house around 9:15, and called Dad at around 10:30 to check on him. He said that he was tired, and I asked what he had been doing that night. He said he hadn't done anything, just stayed at home all night. In the span of two hours, his memory of our evening was gone. Mason, Kristie's son, gave him his "build-a-bear" teddy bear last night, and told his pappaw that it was for him to sleep with. Dad took that bear to bed with him last night. Mom told him that it was sure sweet of Mason to give Pappaw his special bear, and Dad said, "Mason loves me".
This morning, Dad told me he must go to the funeral home by 2 to get some paperwork ready. He's not sure how much paperwork there will be. Mom says he is also getting a speech together so he can give out shoes this morning. I will take these random thoughts any day over the dark place he seemed to be in last night. To me, it was a glimpse of what his life would be like if he wasn't delusional. This morning, there are no concerns of surgery or treatments to come, no aneurisms to contend with, just puppet shows and shoes. At least that is the case for Dad. For me, those concerns fill almost every minute of every day. I keep praying for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment