No change in his status since last night. He thinks this morning that my brother is going to drive to where Dad is (the Vanderbilt Cracker Barrel) on his motorcycle, and then let my dad drive it home. We are so thankful that Dad is talking now, but we are praying for even subtle changes now in his memory. Frazier Rehab has their work cut out for them.
Here is their new address:
Frazier Rehab Institute
220 Abraham Flexner Way
Louisville, KY 40202
I'm not sure how they will want any letters addressed to residents there, but Dad (and Mom) will be in room 709. For all who have been praying and may only know my dad as Kristie's dad, Clay's dad, Kay's dad or Renee's dad: his name is Freeman Powell. Please continue to pray for brain function. I have a difficult time thinking that so many brain cells could be completely dead within just 2 weeks's time. I know that Dad has always been a "work in progress", and today is no different. Thank you God for what you are doing in Dad's life. We may not see the intricate brush strokes that, to us resemble nothing in the early stages, but hold to the truth that, with the brush in Your hand, the end result will be a masterpiece. We continue to pray for strength and peace.
Love always,
Renee
Renee. Thanks for the update and address. Will there be certain times and days that visitation is allowed are will there be no visitation at the rehab center? I know your mom and dad are strong people, but I also think their children have had a lot to do with them being so strong. God bless you all. You are always in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteBud and Shelby
Renee, I was reading about your mom being an island and we know how strong she is, but It made me have a flashback to one of your Sunday school lessons. We were reading parts of 90 Minutes in Heaven. At least I think that was the name of it. He also didn't want to put any of his family or church family out. Until someone said that he was taking away their blessing by not letting them help. You probably remember the story better than me. But anyway just wanted you to know that we are thinking and praying for you all. Thank you for the updates. God is working.
ReplyDeleteDavid & Dana