I am coming with very bad news and requests for prayer. The neurosurgeon came in this morning and told us that since there was no change in Dad from last night to this morning, he doesn't feel like there will be any improvement for him, mentally or physically. He feels like the shunt should have already given him some relief. He told us that Dad needed to stay in the hospital for another day or two, but that the risk of him developing pneumonia or a blood clot would be much greater for every day that he is here. He told us that we would not be able to care for Dad at home, and he is sending a social worker to discuss where we will put Dad. Rehab is not an option right now to help him be more mobile, because you must be cognizant for two to three hours a day for rehab. Dad is not.
We were not expecting this, and we are all just in a state of severe emotional shock. The doctor can't guarantee that Dad will not get better, but he doesn't think it is probable. We are praying for a miracle, and we humbly beg you to do the same. It is all in God's hands, and again, there is no better place for Dad to be. We love you and ask you to pray for strength to pull our family through this very difficult time.
Renee
Renee just keep praying. I know God is still working miracles. 10 years ago I had 2 brian bleeds, one in Aug an another in May, and the Drs. in Memphis had said there was nothing that could be done and that I should make my final preparations. I had lost most moblity, balance and the headaches were unbearable, but I had 4 children who needed me. I prayed and prayed, as did others for me too, and God answered me and told me if I would move back home,Owensboro, and get back into church that all would be well. By faith I moved back to Owensboro and God has kept his promise and looking at me today you can't even tell that I had anything was wrong with me. Since then he has saved my 2 youngest children, my mother-in-law and my husbands grandmother. And I look for him to continue to do miracles.
ReplyDeleteSorry this is so long but I hope it will give you a little hope and faith. I will continue to remember your family in prayer. Just hold on for God's will to be done.
Kathy Flener Feltman