Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I can't believe that we found the mass a week ago today. It seems like a lifetime has passed since we got the news. The change in Dad from one day to the next is very drastic. Mom says he really can't work the TV remote anymore, and he is having trouble using the phone. He just sits in his chair in a quiet house. He got up at 3:30 this morning, and he has just been in his chair since then. Mom says that "He really doesn't know that he doesn't know." What he says doesn't make sense, but we are not contradicting him. I have always been a "daddy's girl", and the day to day difference in my father is almost overwhelming to me. I pray that the Lord will give us strength to get through each of these days.
Renee

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry the news is so disheartening. I will continue to pray. Please let Kay and your mom know you are all in my thoughts & prayers. When my dad went through all the diagnostic procedures, etc., and even when he was obviously very sick, it was somewhat of a blessing to my mother with her Alzheimer's that she didn't know what was going on. She just thought he felt bad. Perhaps it is a blessing that he doesn't know or understand it, perhaps it is God's mercy. You all are the most wonderful family and I know the Good Lord will get you through this. Love, Mary Kay

    ReplyDelete