Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tomorrow is the date we've all been waiting for, and my sisters, brother and I ask very humbly if all of our friends could stop at 1:00 and pray for my dad's safety, his healing, and the guidance of both the neurosurgeons who are operating on him. Please lift him up and pray for God's will to be done. It has taken me the past two weeks to get to the point where I can pray that GOD'S will be done - not mine. I realize that I am in control of absolutely nothing. I cannot change this situation. We have ONLY GOD, but GOD IS ALL WE NEED. A very wise man reminded me today that SATAN is the author of worry and confusion. He wants to steal, kill and destroy. God provides peace and promises to carry my burdens if I'm willing to turn them over to Him. God made every inch of my father, and he can heal every inch of my father, with one touch of His hand. Miracles do happen for those that BELIEVE. PLEASE BELIEVE with us at 1:00 and PRAY FOR A MIRACLE.
Here's my update on Dad. Today, while I was visiting Dad at their house, I told him that I needed to go home soon. He said that he would need to go home, too. I asked him what home he was talking about, and he said the one on Jack Hinton Road. I asked him where he thought he was now, and he said, "I don't know, but it's not home - at least I don't think so". His confusion seems to to be no worse, but also no better. He would mention that his surgery tomorrow, but then start studying his personal phone book, and when I asked what he was doing, he said he was studying for his sermon. I asked what his sermon was about, and he told me I'd have to look in the bulletin. We had lots of hugs today, and I have a peace in my heart that wasn't there yesterday, or even there this morning. I know God can handle this much better than I ever could. There is strength in the power of prayer, and we thank you in advance for all you've given so far, and for tomorrow. We love you all. Our God is an awesome God.
Also, I know I speak for our whole family when I thank you for all the emails, phone calls and letters. We are truly blessed.
Love,
Renee
HUMBLE YOURSELVES, THEREFORE, UNDER GOD'S MIGHTY HAND, THAT HE MAY LIFT YOU UP IN DUE TIME. CAST ALL YOUR ANXIETY ON HIM BECAUSE HE CARES FOR YOU.
I PETER 5:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment