Monday, October 26, 2009

Dad is back in Vanderbilt tonight, and his chemo should start around midnight.  I don't know why they wait so late to begin the chemo.  They found out that the last urine test run in the ER on Saturday showed a urinary tract infection.  I'm not sure why we didn't find that out on Saturday night while we were there, but I believe they are going to start him on an antibiotic to treat the infection now.  Another one of his doctors, Dr. Stein, came in and told them tonight that he was thrilled with the amount that the tumor had shrunk.  I'm not sure what they expected to happen, but it makes me happy when the doctors are happy.

He has been very tired today, but his sense of humor is still hanging in there.  Kristie asked him today if he was tired, and he told her to ask Mom.  If SHE said he was tired, then he was tired!!!  Mom can't catch a break!  He is also still very confused.  He is still arguing that their very tiny room has 7 bathrooms.  He actually counted out every single door to every single bathroom in their room while I was on the phone.  He said that he was trying to set Mom straight on the number of bathrooms, and so he was having to point each door out.  He also spent some time trying to open a door on the wall (according to Mom, this was a very pretty picture that he was trying to open as a door).  He is going to get a catheter put in tonight, so hopefully he won't need the seven bathrooms!  The catheter "should" work, at least in theory.  I know how many times Mom has had to get up while he has the catheter in.  I am hoping that an antibiotic to help his infection will decrease his trips to the bathroom.

I am heading to Nashville in the morning.  The days are very long for them in the hospital, but I think they may seem worse during the days spent OUT of the hospital.  There isn't much going on during that time.  I hope that our visits help make their day just a little shorter.

Hope your day has been a wonderful one!  If not, you still have time to make it a better one!!!
Love,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment