Dad was very tired again today; they were up every 15 to 30 minutes going to the bathroom again. Mom woke up not feeling well, and I'm sure a large part of it is due to her lack of sleep over the past month and a half. Kay is staying with Dad tonight, and tomorrow they have an appointment with a "sitter service". We all know Mom can't lose much more sleep, and our goal is to find a sitter that can stay there during the night.
Dad did not have to eat "scraps" tonight! Kay's Sunday school class is bringing them dinner every other night for the next two weeks. Kay has assured me that he has NEVER eaten scraps at her house! I told him last night that he didn't need to be eating scraps, and he told me that there was more truth than fiction in that statement!
Mom is making him take short walks around the neighborhood (doctor's orders). Apparently there is one air conditioner unit located down the street that has his name on it, because that is his resting spot. Mom tries to hurry him up, and he'll tell her that he will get up in a minute. He tried to cross the street and step up on the curb, but she wanted him to walk up a wheelchair ramp instead. He informed Mom that she was very bossy! I have a feeling that there are going to be quite a few more "bumps in the road" in their near future!
Dad didn't sleep as much today, so I am hoping that he sleeps more tonight. Kay went to bed early to get a few hours sleep before her "shift" starts. She is trying hard to make him comfortable, adjusting his pillows, etc. He told her tonight that she is not necessarily always right when she thinks she knows what he needs! He is definitely not mincing many words.
One of the men from our church, Don, volunteered to drive a van to Nashville, so some of the retired members could visit. He asked how many wanted to go, expecting around 6 to 8 people, but I understand that now 23 people are coming to visit! He has gone from driving one van to leading a caravan! Dad is so excited; he keeps thinking that they are visiting tomorrow. It will be a huge day for him, and I wish I could be there when all his friends walk in the door.
Tomorrow Dad is having his MRI and CAT scan done late in the afternoon. I don't know when we will have the results back. The MRI will tell us if the chemo is working, and the CAT scan will tell us if there have been any changes in the aneurism. Yes, the aneurism is still lurking in the background, as ominous as ever. I tend to forget that he has that aneurism - another serious health issue that must be dealt with sometime in the future. As with the cancer, the aneurism will be taken care of in God's time. God doesn't seem to be in a hurry right now.
Not much news to report; they're the same symptoms on a different day. We'll likely have many days like that.
May God bless,
Renee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment