Monday, November 2, 2009

Daddy's funeral will be held at Larkin Baptist Church in Patronville, Indiana at 12:00pm on Thursday, November 5th.  This will be Dad's last service at Larkin, after serving there for 39 years as their pastor.  There could be no better place to honor Dad one last time.  Visitation will be on Wednesday, November 4th at Davis Funeral Home in Owensboro, Kentucky from 2:00pm to 8:00pm.  There will also be visitation at the church from 10:00am to 12:00pm.  The burial will immediately follow the funeral at Providence Methodist Church in Philpot, Kentucky.  This is the church that is located right next door to Mom and Dad's house on Jack Hinton Road.  

We invite all of you who have followed Dad's progress and prayed so many prayers for his healing to join us for the celebration of his life.  We are thankful that he was completely healed yesterday.  He was diagnosed with Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma on Wednesday, September 2nd, and he left us to be with God on Sunday, November 1st.  He went through such a difficult time for those two months, but the Lord shielded him from knowing the extent of his illness the entire time, and that is truly a blessing.  To be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord, and that is what will sustain our family through this very difficult time.  We were all with him when he died, holding his hands.  He was disconnected from the ventilator at 4:35pm and he left this world at 6:09pm.  The doctors told us that he could have lasted a day or two without the ventilator.  We all prayed that Daddy would be taken swiftly, and he was.  When Daddy died, Mom said, "Thank you, Jesus.  He is at peace."  

We cannot thank all of you enough for the many prayers for my father and our family.  I think that we had Dad an extra two months because of the faithful prayer warriors that were standing behind Dad.  I will be forever grateful to each and every one of you.  My Dad was my parent, my mentor, my pastor and my example of how to live my life serving the Lord with all your heart.  He loved me unconditionally, and I shall miss him so very much.  I did get to climb in his hospital bed with him one more time and hold him tightly, and even though he was in a coma, I hope that he knew one last time how much I loved him.  I know that Daddy is enjoying his first day of eternity in heaven, and one day he is going to meet me at the door of heaven with open arms.  

Daddy, I thank you for molding me into the person I am today.  I am trying to pass on all that I have learned to my children.  You will live on forever in our hearts.  I love you more that you could ever have known.  

Love,
Renee


2 comments:

  1. I have been out of town and just got back. I am so sorry . You all have been so diligent with your prayers and strength, holding each other up, it is a testamnet to your Father. Freeman is finally home now and at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “You can shed tears that he is gone,
    or you can smile because he has lived.
    You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,
    or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.
    Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,
    or you can be full of the love you shared.
    You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
    or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
    You can remember him only that he is gone,
    or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.
    You can cry and close your mind,
    be empty and turn your back.
    Or you can do what he'd want:
    smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”

    ReplyDelete