Caitlin and I went to see Dad today, and I think he was very glad we came. I brought a pizza, and we all had lunch. Then I read Dad some of the many cards he has been sent. Kay said that Dad has received more cards in the past week than she has in 3 years! I know Mom has read him each and every one, but he wanted to hear them again. Caitlin told him a few jokes, and he got tickled over a few, mainly because they were so bad. He was covered up from head to toe with blankets, and wanted a cap for his head. He said his head gets cold. I told him it was because all his hair was gone, and he informed me that he hadn't had a haircut yet! He said that Mom was his barber and she had cut his hair too short!!! At any rate, I went out and bought 10 skeins of yarn, and I intend to make him lots of sock hats. I have lots of spare time when I'm sitting in the hospital room, and I know he will appreciate them. He seems to stay very cold.
Kristie slept in his room last night. I asked her how much sleep she got, and she said, "Well, how can I say this nicely.........? Almost NONE." He is up and down all night long. Kristie looked a little tired this morning. I don't know how Mom wakes up 12 to 15 times a night, every night, and still functions. She must be like the energizer bunny, but I think her batteries are starting to fizzle!
He continues to have bad headaches, but I hope that after this second run of chemo, they will at least decrease in intensity. I am counting the days until Monday. They will run a second MRI on him after this next round, and I AM CONTINUING TO PRAY FOR A MIRACLE. I know that everyone reading this blog has Dad on their prayer list too, and together, we can make a difference.
AGAIN, I TELL YOU THAT IF TWO OF YOU ON EARTH AGREE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU ASK FOR, IT WILL BE DONE FOR YOU BY MY FATHER IN HEAVEN. FOR WHERE TWO OR THREE COME TOGETHER IN MY NAME, THERE I AM WITH THEM.
Matthew 18:19-20
IF YOU REMAIN IN ME AND MY WORDS REMAIN IN YOU, ASK WHATEVER YOU WISH, AND IT WILL BE GIVEN YOU.
John 15:7
I am so very thankful for all of God's promises. He keeps EVERY SINGLE ONE. He hears EVERY SINGLE PRAYER. I am waiting on the Lord, which is proving to be a very difficult task, but HE WILL KEEP HIS WORD.
Mom and Dad seem to be adjusting well to life at Kay and Gregory's house. They have graciously given up their master bedroom downstairs, purchased a new bed and have taken over the much smaller guest room. I know they have made many sacrifices to have Mom and Dad stay there, and I appreciate them both so much. They are in very good hands.
Caitlin, Erin and I are heading back to Nashville in the morning. The drive back and forth takes 2 1/2 hours each way, but I don't mind it one bit. I just hope that it finally quits RAINING!!!!!! There's also nothing more unnerving that driving 75 mph on I-65 and watching people swerve towards you because they are texting. I am amazed at how many people try to drive and text.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Renee
I
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment